Also known as as the 661 Greatest Records of the so-called Prog Rock era, the Solid Time of Change is Randophonic’s latest countdown, an overlong yet incomplete history of whatever the hell happened between 1965 and 1979 – not in all music, not even in most of it, but definitely in a bunch of it.
What is Prog Rock? Is it different from progressive rock, or for that matter, rock that merely progresses? These may seem simple questions but they are in fact doors that open unto some of the most complex enigmas of this split-atomic age. And thus we are committed to exploring them in depth with a radio journey that shall likely take us a full year complete.
Part three of our journey went as follows:
- Triumvirat – The march to the Eternal City
- Aphrodite’s Child – you always stand in my way
- Aphrodite’s Child – do it
- Renaissance – the vultures fly high
- Camel – freefall
- Alice Cooper – The Man with the Golden Gun
- Alice Cooper – unfinished sweet
- Soft Machine – a certain kind
- Yes – wonderous stories
- Bee Gees – Odessa (City on the Black Sea)
- Led Zeppelin – ten years gone
- Genesis – looking for someone
- Vanilla Fudge – some velvet morning
- Hawkwind – 10 seconds of forever
- Hawkwind -Brainstorm
- Hawkwind -down through the night
- Quicksilver Messenger Service – the fool
Installment #4 airs Saturday, May 28 at 9pm (Pacific time) c/o CiTR.FM.101.9.