The Solid Time of Change is our overlong yet incomplete history of the so-called Prog Rock era – 661 selections from 1965 through 1979 with which we hope to do justice to a strange and ambitious time indeed, musically speaking.
Part Forty-Five of the journey went as follows:
- Genesis – the lamb lies down on Broadway
- Genesis – fly on a windshield
- Genesis – Broadway melody of 1974
- King Crimson – sailor’s tale
- Roxy Music – ladytron
- Jimi Hendrix – all along the watchtower
- Jimi Hendrix – 1983 … [a merman I should turn to be]
- Jimi Hendrix – moon, turn the tides … gently gently away
- Hawkwind – winds of change
- Hawkwind – the golden void
- Cream – white room
- Van Der Graaf – Pioneers over C
- Stevie Wonder – As
Randophonic radio is switching to rerun mode for a while. Expect stuff from the archives for most of August, still broadcasting Saturday night, starting 11 pm (Pacific time) c/o CiTR.FM.101.9. Our Facebook page remains a good way to stay on top of things.